Monday, August 22, 2011

A Weekend of Fishing But Not Catching Any Fish

I got to use my new pink fishing pole this weekend! It was great to be outside in the sunshine. But I didn't catch any fish. On Saturday we went to the Amelia Wildlife Management Area, near the border between Powhatan and Goochland counties, which has a lovely lake with a nice fishing pier. We had the pier to ourselves for an hour or so. After Boyfriend replaces the wheels on his john boat trailer (after our Swiss adventure), we'd like to boat around the lake. Fishing from the pier wasn't too exciting. I wanted to find a trail to walk around the lake or find the Appomattox River which is supposed to be in the Wildlife Management Area, but I couldn't find a trail that wasn't grown up with tall, probably tick-infected grass.

On Sunday we drove out to Maiden's Landing on the James River in Goochland. The landing was pretty empty because we arrived just after a storm passed. It was nice to stand with my feet in the muddy river, but I didn't catch any fish. The search for an excellent secret fishing spot continues.

The James River from Maidens Landing

No comments:

Post a Comment